Aptech (Standalone) Q3 PAT jumps to Rs. 231 lacs (14 lacs last year)
24th October, 2008
System wide Revenues increase by 15% YOY (Rs. 15805 lacs vs. 13776 lacs)
Income increases 25% YOY (Rs. 3404 lacs vs. Rs.2732 lacs)
EBIDTA at Rs. 629 lacs, up 60% from Rs. 393 lacs same quarter last year
Sept 30, ’07
Sept 30, ’08
|Profit before Exceptional items & Tax||37||276||647%|
Mumbai, October 24, 2008:
For the quarter ending Sept 2008, Aptech Limited, the Global Learning Solutions Company, announced its stand-alone results. The standalone unaudited reviewed financial results were taken on record at the Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
Owing to the impending restructuring of Aptech's holding in the Chinese Joint Venture consequent to the Framework agreement, executed on 20th March 2008, which is yet to be followed up by the execution of definitive agreements, the accounts for the quarter could not be consolidated, pending receipt of the appropriate financial information. The consolidated numbers will be materially different from the standalone numbers.
On a standalone basis, Aptech posted an increase of 25% in its income and 647% in Profit Before Tax compared to same quarter last year.
Commenting on Aptech’s performance, Mr. Pramod Khera, CEO & MD – Aptech Ltd., said “The last quarter saw Aptech strengthening its position in Russia, Vietnam, Botswana, Ghana & Pakistan. Arena consolidated its leadership position both nationally & internationally in the Animation & Multimedia training space, with the brand growing well both in student numbers & centres. The recently launched N-Power brand grew to 35 centres.”
Highlights Q3 2008 :
- Aptech continued to increase its depth both nationally and internationally. Besides new centres in India, it opened up 11 new Arena & Aptech Computer Education centres in Russia, Vietnam, Botswana, Ghana & Pakistan in Q3.
- Arena Animation - the Global leader in Animation Education, inaugurated Animation Studios in Chennai & Baroda to execute its Hi-end Animation Engineering program.
- The ever popular ’Perspectives’ series of Animation Symposiums drew huge crowds in Delhi, Cochin, Bangalore, Agra & Hyderabad. Rhythm & Hues – a leading name in Animation Development, held campus interviews at several locations, at the Symposium venues.
- Avalon Academy, launched the ‘Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management’ in affiliation with the Scotland’s Colleges International, a reputed consortium of Colleges in the UK. Avalon also opened up 5 new centres in this quarter.
- Aptech tied up with Italy’s Seven Rings International, to train graduates in Soft Skills and Corporate Computing Skill Development. Aptech would be the exclusive training delivery partner for participants of Seven Rings International in India. Aptech & Seven rings announced their first training initiative viz. the Campus2Career (C2C) program.
- Aptech’s Training solutions for Corporates & Institutions picked up healthy training orders from a leading Financial Institution, a BPO division of a top Software Organization & a well established Insurance firm for training it’s employees on various aspects of Software, Hardware & Networking & Soft skills training.
- ATTEST, the assessment & certification arm of Aptech, picked up fresh orders from leading management institutes and from India’s largest fertilizer enterprise for various areas of testing and examination, besides fulfilling it’s commitment to existing clients.
- N Power launched a series of Sun- Java Seminars across the country in association with SUN.
About Aptech Limited :
Aptech commenced its IT education & training business in 1986 and has trained over 5 million students – globally. Aptech is an ISO 9001:2000 organization and the first IT Training and Education company to get this certification for Education Support Services in 1993.
Aptech is a Learning Solutions company with two main streams of businesses – Individual training and Corporate Learning Services.
Under Individual Training, Aptech offers career and professional training in IT (Aptech Computer Education), Animation & Multimedia (Arena Animation); Certified Hardware & Networking Training (N-Power) and Aviation & Hospitality Training (Avalon Academy).
Corporate Learning Services includes Content Development (Aptech Learning Services); e-learning (onlinevarsity.com), Training & Assessment Solutions for Corporates & Institutions (Aptech Training Solutions & ATTEST) and Developer Training & Consultancy (Synergetics).
For further information on Aptech Limited, please visit our website at www.aptech-worldwide.com
For Further Details Contact:
Sangita Sharma Phukan